Request Line
888-386-1015

9-Year-Old Boy Nearly Dies After Swallowing Magnets During TikTok Challenge

 

Some TikTok trends are fun, but some can be dangerous. The mother of a 9-year-old boy in the UK is warning parents to keep up with what their children are doing after her son wound up in surgery. Carolann McGeoch says her son Jack started vomiting and having extreme abdominal pain; they took him to the hospital and X-rays showed “something was blocking his bowels.” It turned out to be six magnets the boy had swallowed.

The trend is to take two round magnets and put them on top and bottom of your tongue to fake a piercing. Unfortunately, the magnets Jack swallowed while trying to copy the trend stuck together through his intestinal wall. It took a four-hour surgery to remove his appendix, small intestine, and 12 inches of his large intestine; Jack isn’t able to walk unaided and can only have a liquid diet.

Source: New York Post

101.5 The Fox Playlist

Featured Promotions

Suicide Awareness Virtual 5K Builds Awareness in St. Lawrence County

Suicide Awareness Virtual 5K Builds Awareness in St. Lawrence County

    CANTON, NEW YORK- Starting on September 27th through October 27th, a Suicide Awareness 5K will be virtually offered in St. Lawrence County. The St. Lawrence County Youth Bureau and St. Lawrence County Suicide Awareness Coalition have partnered together to offer this event. According to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, there are five steps…

THE 101.5 THE FOX APP IS HERE!

THE 101.5 THE FOX APP IS HERE!

iPhone Users Download the App Click Here! Google & Android Users! Download the App! Click Here! Stream It! Tune in to the stream here as well! Click Here!