Nobody likes to get fired but sometimes jobs just don’t work out. Usually it takes a little time to realize a job isn’t a good fit for someone, but on occasion bosses know right away, and now some people are spilling the beans about it.
Someone on Reddit recently posed the question, “What is the fastest you have ever seen a new co-worker get fired?” and folks were more than happy to chime in with some shocking revelations.
- “As a teenager, I worked at a bowling alley. Within an hour, a new girl was fired on the spot for dropping a ball on the foot of a complaining patron.”
- “I worked at a chain restaurant. A new server, aged mid-thirties, was fired on his third day mid-shift. Why? The dude went into the public restrooms, while other guests were clearly in there using the urinals, and started doing lines of blow on the edge of the sink.”
- “He didn’t like the boss and on the first day, he took a piss in the gas tank of his Jeep. He bragged about it and it was recorded too.”
- “I worked in a grocery store for a while. A new guy took a lobster out of the tank and removed the elastic bands on its claws, then proceeded to put it back in the tank. The thing murdered all the other lobsters in the tank.”
- “I was hired to do tech support in a call center. On our first day of training, the instructor said it was okay to use the computer for personal stuff during down time, but the only rules were no games and no porn. One guy got fired before lunchtime because he just couldn’t resist the porn.”
- “First day of work, he walked in, said, ‘What the f**k is up dumba**?’ to the guy that parked next to his new Camaro he bought since he got hired. The guy was the CEO of the company I used to work for, on visit to our branch. Literally 10 minutes into his shift, he was signing release papers.”
- “This guy slept through two meetings on his first day. The second meeting, he started snoring.”
- “I hired a housekeeper. She was taking forever to clean each room. I walked in on her sitting cross legged on the floor in front of the TV with her finger up her nose.”
Click here for more.