Stephen LaConte of “BuzzFeed” has been told he’s good at giving advice, so he’s taking questions through @StephenLC on Twitter and Instagram. One question was pretty much a no-brainer answer.
A woman told him her fiance proposed using an ex’s ring. She figured it out because it was dirty and she later found the receipt, dated before they even got together. the ring doesn’t fit, so she was thinking of having it redesigned. She accepted his proposal, but hasn’t talked to him about the ring.
Stephen pointed out a few red flags and issues with this.
- The fact that the guy proposed with a dirty ring and didn’t tell her.
- It brings up the issue of him being sneaky.
- Using an old ring is a decision for both people to make together.
- She needs to decide if she can live with the ring, redesign it, or get a new one
- As far as her fiance, she needs to decide, after a long talk, whether she can trust him enough to spend her life with him.
Stephen’s big point through all this was for the woman to follow her gut. Excellent advice!