Here are a few highlights from the Hunter Food Study Special Report: America Gets Cooking:
- Cooking and baking are on the rise – 54% are cooking more, 46% baking more, and 35% say they enjoy cooking more than ever.
- People are getting more adventurous in the kitchen – 44% have discovered new ingredients and 50% have found new brands and products.
- Recipes to the rescue – 60% of those surveyed use them to find ways to use ingredients they have on hand and 47% are looking for ways to cook healthier.
- But not everyone’s focused on healthy eating – While 39% say they are eating healthier foods, 40% admit they’re eating more indulgent foods.
- All this time in the kitchen is boosting confidence – 50% say they feel more confident cooking and 51% say they plan to continue cooking more often.