St. Patrick’s Day is less than a week away, and this year you shouldn’t have to settle for crappy green beer. If you want to do it right, then fire up the home bar and make an event out of the drinking holiday with some of these cocktail choices:
- Spicy Mint Avacado Margarita– Avocados, jalapenos, mind, and lime juice are a quadruple threat with teamed up with tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup, and a pinch of salt.
- Good Cork– A beautiful mix of Irish Whiskey and mezcal, with some Benedictine and bitters to top it off.
- Irish Coffee– Irish Whiskey, brown sugar, and coffee – always a crowd pleaser.
- Cucumber, Basil & Lime Gimlet– Swap the gin with vodka, add some lemon juice with the lime, some simple syrup & fresh cucumber.
- Frisky Whiskey– Make all-day event of it with this one. It’s whiskey, honey liqueur, orange juice, simple syrup, and bitters in a highball glass.
- Emerald Isle of the Caribbean– An Irish Coffee spin that blends coffee with rum, cinnamon syrup & Velvet falernum. Put some Tiki into your St. Pat’s.
- An Bodhran (The Drum)– In a shaker, take some whiskey, port, maple sugar, an egg, and some ice. Then, strain it all with three drops of mint bitters added.
- Green Beast– The perfect party punch, with absinthe matched with lime juice, simple syrup & a touch of water.
- Shoe Maker– A fruity take with Irish Whiskey, fino sherry, sugar syrup, orange bitters, raspberries & orange. Top with a mint and raspberry garnish.
- Green Holiday– Booze AND nutrients! Take some vodka, wheatgrass juice, lime juice, and agave nectar. Shockingly green and delicious, topped with mint & watermelon radish.
- Gaelic Flip– Shake some Irish whiskey, sweet vermouth, allspice liqueur, simple syrup, and egg until its “smooth and fluffy.” Then, shake it again with ice to cool it down, and add nutmeg. Awesome.