The Most Annoying Habits Of Workers
We all know that it’s important to make a good impression on your boss when you’re at work, but buying them gifts and kissing up to them isn’t the way to go. In fact, it turns out all you really need to do to get on the boss’ good side is pay close attention to your work.
A new Accountemps survey finds that 35% of CFOs consider sloppy work or lacking attention to detail the most annoying behavior by an employee, followed by gossiping and engaging in office politics (28%).
Other behaviors CFOs find annoying include:
- Missing deadlines (17%)
- Being perpetually late (12%)
- Taking credit for other people’s ideas (8%)
So, how does someone go about making sure they aren’t guilty of sloppy work? Well, Accountemps offers up the following tips:
- Reduce distractions – Multitasking isn’t always good for the job, so set aside dedicated time for a task.
- Simplify big projects – A huge task may seem overwhelming, but if you break it down into smaller, more manageable tasks you’ll probably get stuff done more successfully.
- Take a break – Constant work, especially when staring at a computer, can be exhausting. Sometimes just getting up from the desk, or maybe taking a short walk can help you refocus.
- Ask for help – There’s nothing that says you can’t ask a trusted colleague for some help, just be sure to acknowledge their contribution.
- Take time to assess expectations – Don’t be afraid to talk with your manager about any outstanding issues before you start an assignment.