Folks Reveal How They Really Feel About Spending The Holidays With Family
In a few weeks, we’ll all be sitting down for some Thanksgiving Day turkey with the family. And let’s face it, a lot of us are probably already stressing out about that. There’s no doubt for some people, the idea of spending the holidays, whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Hanukkah, with their family causes them to break out into hives, but it seems not everyone hates spending the holiday with the fam.
A new thread on the Whisper app has folks confessing what they really think about spending holidays with the family, and surprisingly not many of them are negative.
- “Every time the holidays come around the corner I can’t help but feel so excited to be able to buy my family all kinds of gifts. It feels so much better to give then to receive in my opinion.”
- “I am so thankful to have such a loving and supporting family during the holiday season. They always ground me and make me proud of where I came from.”
- “Getting to see my family over the holiday season isn’t always easy…traveling can be stressful, but it’s always worth it to spend time with the ones I love.”
- “The best thing about the holidays are relaxing with my family and laughing together.”
- “I’m so happy to see my family for the holidays. But I wish we made it a priority to see each other more during the year.”
- “Sometimes when I visit my family for the holidays I feel like a guest not a relative. I want to fit in with them.”
- “I’m worried about my family during the holidays. We tend to argue a lot but I hope we all remember how grateful we are to have each other.”
- “There’s nothing more satisfying to me than working hard all year and then getting to take time off to spend with my family around the holidays.”
- “I’m so excited for the holidays and family time. Does this mean I’m getting older?”