The Best Dog Friendly Vacation Destinations
It’s no secret that most people consider their dogs part of the family, but when we all go on vacation it’s rare that our four-legged friends get to come with us. Good news – it seems that doesn’t have to always be the case, with plenty of places more than happy to welcome Fido these days.
“USA Today” looked at recommendations from the dog travel directory BringFido to find the best pooch-friendly hotels, parks, restaurants and more, and asked readers to vote for their favorite picks. All the research and voting has resulted in an extensive list of Fido-friendly award winners, which means there’s no longer reason to leave your beloved pet at home.
If you’re looking to stay in a hotel where your dog can be as pampered as you, try heading to Asheville, North Carolina where the Aloft Asheville Downtown offers them a bed, food and water bowls, a goody bag and a even rooftop puppy path. And who says a dog can’t go dining with you. Tampa’s Sail Pavilion actually has a special doggie menu, as well as complimentary treats, water bowls and clean up stations. And if you want to take your pooch to the beach, head to Chicago where Montrose Dog Beach has an area of the water fenced off so dogs can run leash-free through Lake Michigan.
10 Best Pet Friendly Hotels
- Aloft Asheville Downtown – Asheville, NC
- The Paw House Inn – West Rutland, VT
- Delano Las Vegas – Las Vegas, NV
- Loews Don CeSar Hotel – St. Pete Beach, FL
- The Resort at Port Ludlow – Port Ludlow, WA
- Moab Under Canvas – Moab, UT
- The Cottages & Lofts at the Boat Basin – Nantucket, MA
- Hutton Hotel – Nashville, TN
- Virgin Hotel Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Hotel Monaco – Alexandria, VA
10 Best Dog Friendly Bars or Restaurants
- Sail Pavilion – Tampa, FL
- The Dog Bar – Charlotte, NC
- Rita’s on the River – San Antonio, TX
- The Crab Shack – Tybee Island, GA
- Park Bench Cafe – Huntington Beach, CA
- The Watering Bowl – Denver, CO
- Morristown Deli – Morristown, NJ
- Norm’s Eatery & Ale House – Seattle, WA
- Mutts Canine Cantina – Dallas, TX
- The Morrison Pub – Los Angeles, CA
Click here for the complete list of dog-friendly vacation options.
Source: USA Today