While everyone loves to get gifts for birthdays and the holidays, there’s no doubt everyone has experienced unwrapping a present to find a truly awful gift inside. Of course, we all likely put on a brave face, and claim to love the horrendous offering, but it’s a safe bet that gift either went into the garbage, or a drawer, never to be seen again.
Now getting an ugly sweater is bad, but it’s not the worst thing in the world. But some gifts are unbelievably awful, or even insulting, and thanks to a new Reddit thread, which asked, “What’s the most insulting gift you’ve ever received?” people are finally admitting to some of the worst gifts they’ve ever received.
Among the gift disasters:
- One woman said the first time she met her future mother-in-law, the woman took a pair of socks from the woman’s travel bag, put a bow on them and gave them to her as a gift. “I assumed it was a gag gift type scenario and laughed,” the poster explains. “She was deeply offended that I didn’t appreciate her efforts to show me that I was welcome in the family.”
- “From my aunt and uncle, a $5 gift card to Best Buy. I didn’t even know they came in that small of denomination. Turns out they don’t; it was originally a $20 and they spent it down to about $4.83.”
- “A nose-hair trimmer when I was ten.”
- “A half-finished drawing of my mom, bare-breasted, from my brother.”
- One poster said that she won a work contest for selling the most accessories and got, “a f****** yodeling pickle ornament.”
- “When I was in high school my step brothers and I sat down to go through our Christmas stockings. They empty theirs, brand new iPods. Mine? Off brand MP3 player. Like in a clamshell package runs on AAs off brand. The favoritism stung.”
- One person admitted that he and some fellow soldiers gave an engraved flask to a guy getting out of the army. “As it turns out he was being administratively separated for failing alcohol rehab,” the poster writes. “We had no idea and we all felt like s*** afterwards.”
- “My now ex wife gave me nothing on my birthday. No gift, no card, nothing. Same week, we’re at the store, she gets a card for a co-worker, a guy. We separated less than a year later.”
Source: The Daily Mail
This confused wife thought her husband was going to the store, then she caught him driving around in a vehicle dressed in a scary Halloween costume. She told him to go home after she received calls that he was creeping people out.
When you get out of a relationship most people would rather never see their ex again, but one woman is not only seeing theirs regularly, she’s living with him…and her new partner. Lindsay Taylor split form husband Chris Kelley in 2016 after six years of marriage and two kids. Not long after she met…
A monkey riding a bike down an alley stops to grab a toddler and drags it along the street.
A Florida mom has been bringing in extra money with a unique side hustle. Julie Dennis served as a surrogate and gave birth to a baby in August 2019. After the infant was six months old and didn’t need her breast milk any more, she decided to start selling it to parents who aren’t able…
A woman who was apparently fed up with waiting to get married took matters into her own hands. Two TikTok videos have gone viral that show a woman showing up at the Target her fiance works at in a wedding dress. She also brought along two bridesmaids and a pastor. In the clip, the…
A baby calf and chicken are best friends and they are often seen cuddling together. Because you want to see baby calf and a chicken as best friends. pic.twitter.com/TiLm5MsJCF — Danny Deraney (@DannyDeraney) October 18, 2020
A Tennessee mayor is having a pretty rough few weeks after he was allegedly caught shoplifting around $300 worth of merchandise from a local Target and is now stepping down. Fairview Mayor John Blade, submitted his resignation yesterday nearly a month after he was accused of swiping items from the Target store. The store loss prevention…
Rocky Mountain Goat Yoga events provide the unique opportunity to to do yoga along with goats. These women enjoyed giving it a shot and documented the experience.
A celebration is in order for a penguin and all her friends. A female gentoo penguin named Olde has landed herself in the Guinness World Records book after becoming the Earth’s oldest captive penguin at age 41. Penguins are native to Antarctica and the surrounding islands. They typically live around 30 years in captivity, and around…
A human dressed up in a full crow costume and walked around in a field.