It’s no fun being at a cocktail party when you’re stuck in some boring conversation and don’t really know what to say. But the next time that happens to you, you can be prepared with these offbeat wine facts you can share while you swirl your glass of Pinot Grigio.
- Not all wines are vegan – Some use animal byproducts like gelatin during the filtration process.
- Wine-flavored Kit Kats are a thing – Kit Kats are huge in Japan and they come in all sorts of flavors, including wine. So you can’t just pick up the vino variety at the Kroger, but you can get them on Amazon.
- Italy has a free wine fountain that’s open 24/7 – This amazing fountain just opened recently and it’s enough to make us want to book a flight now.
- Drinking “to one’s health” started in ancient Greece – It all came from the host drinking the first cup of wine to show his guests that he wasn’t poisoning them. That’s reassuring, right?
- Toasting started in ancient Rome – Romans used to drop a piece of toasted bread in each glass to balance out excessive acidity.
- You’ll be amazed how old the world’s oldest bottle is – It dates back to 325 A.D. and you can see this super old wine for yourself in a museum in Germany.
- Hammurabi’s Code (from 1800 B.C.) had a law about wine – It called for counterfeit wine sellers to be punished by drowning in a river. With a punishment that harsh, we’re guessing it wasn’t much of a problem.
- Women are better wine tasters – Women are great at wine tasting because it has a lot to do with smell and women – especially those of childbearing age – have a better sense of smell than men. Who knew?
- Not all wines get better with age – Don’t save that bottle, 90% are meant to be consumed within a year of production.
- Oenophobia is the fear of wine and it’s a real thing – And we’re truly glad we don’t have it!
These turtles were caught on camera making pretty funny grunting noises while mating.
Nobody likes to get fired but sometimes jobs just don’t work out. Usually it takes a little time to realize a job isn’t a good fit for someone, but on occasion bosses know right away, and now some people are spilling the beans about it. Someone on Reddit recently posed the question, “What is…
This little girl stood up for herself by pulling her sister’s hair after she blew out her birthday candles and stole her shine. View this post on Instagram This is how I wanted to do my alarm this morning 😂😂🥴 #goodmorning A post shared by LaWanna LaShawn (@iamlawannalashawn) on Oct 20,…
Being nine months pregnant can leave a woman feeling pretty uncomfortable and tired, but it hasn’t slowed Makenna Myler down. She’s an avid runner who trains with the Valor Track Club in Orange County, California, and she ran one impressive mile last week in five minutes and 25 seconds. Even more impressive? It was…
This confused wife thought her husband was going to the store, then she caught him driving around in a vehicle dressed in a scary Halloween costume. She told him to go home after she received calls that he was creeping people out.
When you get out of a relationship most people would rather never see their ex again, but one woman is not only seeing theirs regularly, she’s living with him…and her new partner. Lindsay Taylor split form husband Chris Kelley in 2016 after six years of marriage and two kids. Not long after she met…
A monkey riding a bike down an alley stops to grab a toddler and drags it along the street.
A Florida mom has been bringing in extra money with a unique side hustle. Julie Dennis served as a surrogate and gave birth to a baby in August 2019. After the infant was six months old and didn’t need her breast milk any more, she decided to start selling it to parents who aren’t able…
A woman who was apparently fed up with waiting to get married took matters into her own hands. Two TikTok videos have gone viral that show a woman showing up at the Target her fiance works at in a wedding dress. She also brought along two bridesmaids and a pastor. In the clip, the…
A baby calf and chicken are best friends and they are often seen cuddling together. Because you want to see baby calf and a chicken as best friends. pic.twitter.com/TiLm5MsJCF — Danny Deraney (@DannyDeraney) October 18, 2020