It’s no fun being at a cocktail party when you’re stuck in some boring conversation and don’t really know what to say. But the next time that happens to you, you can be prepared with these offbeat wine facts you can share while you swirl your glass of Pinot Grigio.
- Not all wines are vegan – Some use animal byproducts like gelatin during the filtration process.
- Wine-flavored Kit Kats are a thing – Kit Kats are huge in Japan and they come in all sorts of flavors, including wine. So you can’t just pick up the vino variety at the Kroger, but you can get them on Amazon.
- Italy has a free wine fountain that’s open 24/7 – This amazing fountain just opened recently and it’s enough to make us want to book a flight now.
- Drinking “to one’s health” started in ancient Greece – It all came from the host drinking the first cup of wine to show his guests that he wasn’t poisoning them. That’s reassuring, right?
- Toasting started in ancient Rome – Romans used to drop a piece of toasted bread in each glass to balance out excessive acidity.
- You’ll be amazed how old the world’s oldest bottle is – It dates back to 325 A.D. and you can see this super old wine for yourself in a museum in Germany.
- Hammurabi’s Code (from 1800 B.C.) had a law about wine – It called for counterfeit wine sellers to be punished by drowning in a river. With a punishment that harsh, we’re guessing it wasn’t much of a problem.
- Women are better wine tasters – Women are great at wine tasting because it has a lot to do with smell and women – especially those of childbearing age – have a better sense of smell than men. Who knew?
- Not all wines get better with age – Don’t save that bottle, 90% are meant to be consumed within a year of production.
- Oenophobia is the fear of wine and it’s a real thing – And we’re truly glad we don’t have it!
Besties and cousins…these two little cuties had a ball of a weekend after being kept apart for two months.
In Wisconsin, there’s a dive bar called Bennett’s Meadowood Country Club and since 1977 they’ve been offering something called “porn in the morn.” Also called “Smut and Eggs,” the bar offers customers the opportunity to eat reasonably priced breakfast specials while watching hardcore porn in a private room every Saturday and Sunday morning. Despite…
When moving products goes bad, this guy tries to save the day, and when he couldn’t threw his hat for good measure.
Now that the school year is over or almost over, kids would be getting ready for summer camp. But this year a lot of camps are canceled or at least not running the way they usually do. If you’re trying to figure out what to do with your kids this summer, here are some…
A woman who’s heartbroken that she can’t have biological children is willing to go to extremes to have a baby and is pressuring her stepdaughter to help. In a Reddit post, a 24-year-old writes that her stepmom wants her to donate her egg to be fertilized by her own father so they can have…
Imagine meeting and marrying someone who’s always had a beard. Here’s what happens when that person shaves it all off.
Few company-customer disputes reach this level of personal. We take you to Colorado Springs where Justin Montney and Alexis Wyatt were supposed to be married this month. But then in February, Alexis was tragically killed in a car crash. While still reeling from the shock and grief, Justin had to cancel all the wedding…
Here’s what happens when a big sis is trying to be sexy…and little brother takes the scene over. @meghannfowlerThank god I have health insurance…😂 @brendanfowlerr ##fyp ##JustDanceMoves ##foryou ♬ Ice Me Out – Kash Doll
Facebook Messenger has worked out a way to find out if that person messaging you is the real deal, or a scammer or impersonator. Now, if you get a message from someone who isn’t on your friends list, they’ll give a “scam or impersonator” warning message…like you couldn’t have figured that one out on your…
Three young Bolivian brothers were hospitalized after getting a black widow spider to bite them, thinking it would turn them into Spider-Man. They quickly realized that they weren’t going to get superhero powers.The three siblings, aged 12, 10 and eight, found the spider while herding goats in Chayanta. Thinking it would give them superhero powers, they…