Food is apparently like fashion, and even though it’s still 2016, Sterling-Rice Group (SRG) has already identified where the “in crowd” of foodies will be focusing their attention next year.
Look for these culinary trends to be front and center in 2017:
- Wake and Cake: Yes, cake for breakfast. This diet strategy is growing in popularity around the U.S.
- Dosha Dining: It’s all about balance and energy – and using the ancient practice of Ayurveda to bring balance
- Plant Butchery: Options for meat substitutes are growing from chickpeas, legumes, and fungi. Look out for “mock meats”
- Food Waste Frenzy: Because 40% of food in the U.S. goes to waste, restaurants and food companies will continue to prepare food being less wasteful (using the whole fruit / vegetable instead of just a portion)
- Snackin’ Sardines: Snacks high in omega-3s, protein, and umami flavoring, sardines will move to the forefront for health conscious snackers
- Noodle on This: Oodles of noodles for the masses
- Mocktail Mixology: Think “nonalcoholic happy hours”
- Goat! Goat is low in calories, fat, and cholesterol, and poised to become the next big protein in 2017
- Cook and Connect: The sharing economy for food is growing. Look for more communal dining spots and outdoor kitchens as the fleet-farming movement expands
- Migratory Meals: This will focus on celebrating rich heritages through cuisine as refugee populations begin to make culinary connections in the U.S.
Source: Sterling-Rice Group
The Thirsty Moose Pub and Grub Click Below for The Thirsty Moose Pub & Grub on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/The-Thirsty-Moose-Pub-Grub-103613864467552
Warning: This one will make you smile.
There’s a difference between “busy” and “active”…choose wisely.
A 29-year-old woman registered as a student at New Brunswick High School in New Jersey and enrolled. Hyejeong Shin allegedly took part in classes, exchanged phone numbers with other students, and even spoke with guidance counselors while pretending to be 15. The president of the Board of Education for the school has defended letting the…
That’s right, we’re going to go with “Dada.”
His knuckles may be bloodied and bruised, but David Rush has now broken another world record. He shared a video on Sunday showing him and his neighbor’s son managing 273 fist bumps in 30 seconds, easily beating the old record of 174. Rush also set the world record for the most fist bumps in one…
A company has developed a new brain implant they say will allow people to use social media with just their minds. The Layer 7 Cortical Interface is one-fifth the thickness of a human hair, and surgeons insert it into a tiny slit in patients’ heads less than a millimeter thick. It’s not just for thinking…
Buying plane tickets can be pretty pricey these days, but it turns out, they sometimes come with some free perks. When you fly economy, you’re stuck with cramped seats and limited food and beverage service, but you may be able to ask for some freebies that will make your experience a little more comfortable. “Travel…
How did she get hooked on that? It’s obviously her jam.
If you know where to find a real mermaid, Chicken of the Sea has a check for you. The tuna company is offering $1-million to the person that can provide “scientific evidence” that mermaids exist and set up an interview between the mermaid and the company’s mermaid expert. Yes, that’s apparently a job title. Entries…