Food is apparently like fashion, and even though it’s still 2016, Sterling-Rice Group (SRG) has already identified where the “in crowd” of foodies will be focusing their attention next year.
Look for these culinary trends to be front and center in 2017:
- Wake and Cake: Yes, cake for breakfast. This diet strategy is growing in popularity around the U.S.
- Dosha Dining: It’s all about balance and energy – and using the ancient practice of Ayurveda to bring balance
- Plant Butchery: Options for meat substitutes are growing from chickpeas, legumes, and fungi. Look out for “mock meats”
- Food Waste Frenzy: Because 40% of food in the U.S. goes to waste, restaurants and food companies will continue to prepare food being less wasteful (using the whole fruit / vegetable instead of just a portion)
- Snackin’ Sardines: Snacks high in omega-3s, protein, and umami flavoring, sardines will move to the forefront for health conscious snackers
- Noodle on This: Oodles of noodles for the masses
- Mocktail Mixology: Think “nonalcoholic happy hours”
- Goat! Goat is low in calories, fat, and cholesterol, and poised to become the next big protein in 2017
- Cook and Connect: The sharing economy for food is growing. Look for more communal dining spots and outdoor kitchens as the fleet-farming movement expands
- Migratory Meals: This will focus on celebrating rich heritages through cuisine as refugee populations begin to make culinary connections in the U.S.
Source: Sterling-Rice Group
Meet Kaleb…he’s a high school freshman…and he’s about to be SUPER famous. For another perspective
Scott Austin, Shepard Humphries, and a group of shooting instructors known as the Nomad Rifleman got together recently to reclaim the world record for the longest rifle shot. The group previously held the record at 3.06 miles with a shot in 2020, but that record was broken later that year with a four-mile shot. The…
The headline adorably says it all!
The FDA is warning people on TikTok to not jump on the latest craze on the app because they say marinating your chicken in NyQuil is dangerous. People who push the idea on TikTok call the result of the process “sleepy chicken” and say it helps with cold symptoms. The problem, according to the FDA,…
Starr posted video clips of the performance to TikTok that have over 10 million views so far, with some saying it was staged. Starr says the entire thing was real, and her ex didn’t know she was the singer for the band he hired. Source: New York Post
According to the US Emoji Trend Report from Adobe, some emojis give you a better chance while flirting than others, and one of the big offenders is the Eggplant. According to the report, sending an eggplant emoji can make you appear less likable to the recipient, but it’s not the worst choice. The Pile of…
After welcoming their son Romeo Tarquin via surrogate, 52-year-old Barrie Drewitt-Barlow and his fiancé Scott Hutchinson, 27, went on a shopping spree. Drewitt-Barlow told the press “We just spent $2.8 million on a yacht for Romer and named it after him. They’ve also spent over $34k on clothes, saying “if a designer sells baby clothes,…
The Taoyuan Veterans Home, a state-run retirement facility for army personnel in Tawain, is catching some heat for the way they decided to celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival, an important Chinese holiday. An attendee videoed the celebration, where a stripper was paid by the facility to put on a show for the wheelchair-bound senior citizens, including lap…
New court documents released have revealed that the FBI found a real-life “Frankenstein’s Monster” when they raided a body donation center in Arizona in 2014. The newly released documents say agents found buckets full of arms and legs, a cooler filled with male genitalia, and a woman’s head sewn onto a man’s torso. The center…