The Cost Of Being A Football Fan
The start of the NFL season is fast approaching, and while it may sound like a lot of fun to head to a game this year, know that in some cities that trip to the stadium is going to set you back a pretty penny.
GoBankingRates.com set out to uncover the most and least expensive stadiums for a day of football, making their determination by looking at the cost of two tickets, two hot dogs, two beers, two soft drinks and parking at the stadium homes for the 31 NFL teams.
Turns out fans of the Washington Red Skins are spending the most money to catch a game, with the cost of a day at FedEx Field running $272.17 for two people. On the flipside, fans of the Cincinnati Bengels get away cheap, with a game for two at Paul Brown Stadium costing only $131.93.
When it comes to an actual ticket, it seems the New York Giants charge their fans the most at $94.33 a ticket (for the cheap seats), while Buffalo Bills fans can get the cheapest ticket at $36.33. As for getting to the game, driving will set you back the most if you’re a Dallas Cowboys fan, at $75 to park a car, while the Detroit Lions have the cheapest parking prices at just $11.
10 Most Expensive NFL Experiences
- Washington Redskins at FedEx Field
- San Francisco 49erss at Levi Stadium ($270.60)
- Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium ($268.28)
- Chicago Bears at Soldier Field ($261.50)
- Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field ($260)
- New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium ($249.83)
- Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field ($246.78)
- New York Giants at MetLife Stadium ($246.67)
- Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink Field ($232)
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field ($228.27)
10 Least Expensive NFL Experiences
- Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium
- Cleveland Browns at FirstEnergy Stadium ($133.66)
- Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium ($136.66)
- Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium ($138.67)
- Jacksonville Jaguars at EverBank Field ($141.60)
- Arizona Cardinals at Univ. of Phoenix Stadium ($145)
- Tennessee Titans at Nissan Stadium ($146.67)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium ($150)
- Detroit Lions at Ford Field ($153.50)
- Miami Dolphins at New Miami Stadium ($154.70)