Some Celebs Use Dating Apps Just Like We Do
In Amy Schumer’s new memoir, she confesses that she met her new love on a dating app. And she’s not the only celeb who tried to swipe their way to love. We think that famous people have it so easy, even with dating, but that’s not always the case. So a lot of them turn to dating apps, just like the rest of the singles out there. Here are some celebrities who have admitted to using online dating and if they made a love connection or not.
- Amy Schumer – In her new memoir, “The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo,” this funny girl shares that she met her bae Ben Hanisch on a dating app. The star and the furniture designer matched and “People” magazine reports that when the pair met, he was outside in the rain, without an umbrella, but holding a soaked paper bag with a bottle of wine inside. “We smiled at each other and in that moment, everything felt right,” she writes in the memoir.
- Zac Efron – The “High School Musical” star didn’t have much luck when he started using “Tinder” because no one believed it was him. “Amazingly, when I signed up for Tinder, nobody swiped me!” he told the UK paper “The Sunday Times.” “They thought my profile was fake.” Now the app has a verified mark so users can be assured that the A-listers really are who they claim to be. So if you see his beautiful face on Tinder swipe right as fast as you can!
- Hilary Duff – This actress and single mom also used Tinder, and she featured the dating app in her music video for “Sparks.” We get to see her swiping and the cameras even follow her on some Tinder dates. But we don’t know if she found any real “Sparks” from her online dating.
- Ronda Rousey – The UFC fighter tells “Sports Illustrated” that she used the fake name Brynn Campbell as an alter ego on Tinder, but it didn’t bring her any love. She told the magazine that “The only person I’m making out with is my dog.”
- Mariah Carey – Last year the singer had a profile on Match.com, but it was actually just to promote her new music video. She encouraged her Twitter followers to check out her profile and to watch her video for “Infinity.” Now she’s engaged to a billionaire, but her profile is still up, and her bio is just the lyrics to her song “Dreamlover.”