The Top Landmarks In The U.S. And The World
If you’re looking for a place to visit this summer, TripAdvisor has some suggestions. The site has just come out with their list of the Top Ten landmarks in both the U.S. and the World, based on both the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings gathered over a 12-month period.
Topping the list of landmarks in the United States is the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool in Washington, DC, which over the years has served as the backdrop for a wide range of historically and culturally significant events. But if you want to get the biggest bang for you buck, you may want to head to New York City, which nabbed five landmarks in the Top Ten.
Meanwhile, if you’re looking for a more international vacation, you’ll have to head to Peru for the top landmark, with the ruins of Machu Picu coming in at number one.
Top Ten U.S. Landmarks
- Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, Washington, DC
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
- Alcatraz, San Francisco
- USS Arizona Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Grand Central Terminal, New York
- Statue of Liberty, New York
- Empire State Building, New York
- Biltmore Estate, Asheville, North Carolina
- Brooklyn Bridge, New York
- Rockefeller Center, New York
Top Ten World Landmarks
- Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Peru
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Angkor Wat , Siem Reap, Cambodia
- St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City, Italy
- Taj Mahal, Agra, India
- Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
- Church of the Savior on Spilt Blood, St. Petersburg, Russia
- The Alhambra, Granada, Spain
- Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, Washington, D.C.
- Milan Cathedral (Duomo), Milan, Italy
Source: Yahoo Finance