It’s no fun being at a cocktail party when you’re stuck in some boring conversation and don’t really know what to say. But the next time that happens to you, you can be prepared with these offbeat wine facts you can share while you swirl your glass of Pinot Grigio.
- Not all wines are vegan – Some use animal byproducts like gelatin during the filtration process.
- Wine-flavored Kit Kats are a thing – Kit Kats are huge in Japan and they come in all sorts of flavors, including wine. So you can’t just pick up the vino variety at the Kroger, but you can get them on Amazon.
- Italy has a free wine fountain that’s open 24/7 – This amazing fountain just opened recently and it’s enough to make us want to book a flight now.
- Drinking “to one’s health” started in ancient Greece – It all came from the host drinking the first cup of wine to show his guests that he wasn’t poisoning them. That’s reassuring, right?
- Toasting started in ancient Rome – Romans used to drop a piece of toasted bread in each glass to balance out excessive acidity.
- You’ll be amazed how old the world’s oldest bottle is – It dates back to 325 A.D. and you can see this super old wine for yourself in a museum in Germany.
- Hammurabi’s Code (from 1800 B.C.) had a law about wine – It called for counterfeit wine sellers to be punished by drowning in a river. With a punishment that harsh, we’re guessing it wasn’t much of a problem.
- Women are better wine tasters – Women are great at wine tasting because it has a lot to do with smell and women – especially those of childbearing age – have a better sense of smell than men. Who knew?
- Not all wines get better with age – Don’t save that bottle, 90% are meant to be consumed within a year of production.
- Oenophobia is the fear of wine and it’s a real thing – And we’re truly glad we don’t have it!
Who knew owls could run?
Some people have really eclectic taste when it comes to decorating their homes. However, most people opt for chairs that have legs when decorating. That’s not the chair of choice for one Texas mansion homeowner. The internet has been blown away by this mansion and its 26 floating chairs throughout the home. A well-known architecture critique…
HBO Max is giving “Friends” fans what they’ve been waiting almost 16 years for – a reunion. When the new streaming service launches in May, the unscripted special will be there, along with all 236 episodes. This will be the first time Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, and David…
There’s new research that shows having a beer-a-day isn’t exactly the worst thing in the world for you. Researchers from Maastricht University in Holland looked at 5,500 people for over 20 years. After tracking their drinking habits, they found the daily drinkers were more likely to be sucking oxygen into their 90s. Specifically, those guys…
This video may make you never want to get on a cruise ship. Ever.
An Illinois family can’t seem to figure out why it is that their 9-year-old daughter’s bedroom has been picking up a local radio station for years. Richard Smith said voices and music were repeatedly heard inside the wall in daughter Brianna’s room and he eventually determined something inside the wall was picking up a local AM radio station. The…
Will Ferrell is a comedy icon with a storied career in TV and film that span decades, but how is he with spicy food? We’ll find out.
This week Jennifer Lopez shared a selfie to Instagram in a white string bikini, reminding us just how amazing she looks at 50. And her photo inspired Maria Kang, founder of No Excuses Mom, to post a picture of herself wearing a white bikini and mimicking J.Lo’s pose, along with an important message to…
No good deed goes unpunished they say and for one good samaritan motorist, his good deed almost cost him his life. A FedEx driver who stopped to help a stranded motorist in North Carolina is very lucky to be alive after falling more than 75 feet after he jumped out of the way of…
This adorbs little dude drives his little truck to go take care of the animals…like bottle-feeding a calf. (and PS, even though the vid looks old, you can tell from other trucks, that it’s “new”).